Issue 330: Physical Ownership and Right
posted by Martin on 21/3/2017
Following Robert's proposals, I propose here the first issue:
ISSUE: Physical Ownership and Right
I ask for input under this issue, what source data will form the practical scope of this question, and what are the relevant queries the system should be able to answer (i.e., what cannot be dealt with by a natural language text associated with an object, person or activity).
Do we need more details of ownership, that those provided by Acquisition?
What is the relation to E30 Right. Can it be formulated as a deduction?
In the 38th joined meeting of the CIDOC CRM SIG and ISO/TC46/SC4/WG9 and the 31st FRBR - CIDOC CRM Harmonization meeting, the crm – sig discussed about the right and commented the following:
· About the right itself: it should be an inference of querying of something establishes, like ownership
· To take into account the discussion about right holding
· The content of E30 Right, not the state of holding, cannot change. Thus a decision event is needed.
· The temporality is the endpoint of establishing event
· Ownership is a pure property
· Through Acquisition event, it could be established a relation with the decision event
It is assigned to Martin and Steve to rewrite the scope note of E30 Right.
Heraklio, April 2017
posted by Martin on 16/5/2018
to be discussed under temporal properties in CRMsocial.
In the 43rd joint meeting of the CIDOC CRM SIG and ISO/TC46/SC4/WG9; 36th FRBR - CIDOC CRM Harmonization meeting, the sig decided to close this issue and any future discussion on ownership and rights to be documented in the issue 408.
The issue is closed
Heraklion, March 2019