Issue 335: New class Right Holding
Posted by Athina on 9/3/2017
We propose a new entity named Right Holding (see the attached ppt), which is in fact the event/state which is implied from the triangle structure Actor:possesses:Right:applies to: Legal Object: right held by:Actor.
This new class has temporal properties (timespan of rights), something that was missing before.
In the 38th joined meeting of the CIDOC CRM SIG and ISO/TC46/SC4/WG9 and the 31st FRBR - CIDOC CRM Harmonization meeting, the crm-sig reviewed Athina’s proposal about Right Holding (see figure below) and made the following comments:
- It seems that the class Right Holding should be a state, considering that when we say that somebody has a right we mean that has a social status. Thus, the definition of this class should be compatible with the definition of S16 State and Sxx Situation. (issue 329)
- It should be explored if extra properties are needed in order to be a state as well as the nature of these properties.
- The definition of the class Right Holding should be compatible with the definition of the new classes of plan model (issue 333).
- It should be examined the relation between Acquisition and Ownership
- Also it should be examined the events that establish or end the right state
HW is assigned to Richard and Martin to formulate the definition of the class Right Holding.
Heraklio, April 2017