Issue 560: Automatic generation rules for deriving the RDF form from the CIDOC CRM definition document
In the 50th joint meeting of the CIDOC CRM SIG and SO/TC46/SC4/WG9; 43nd FRBR – CIDOC CRM Harmonization meeting, Elias Tzortzakakis presented the steps he followed to produce the RDF for CIDOC CRM v7.1.1 and identified a number of issues that need tending to.
The current issue concerns the rules for deriving the RDF from the CIDOC CRM definition document in an automated manner.
Its main focus is to provide answers to the following questions:
- Should the official RDF still contain P81 and P82 pointing to literal or should these be substituted by P81a/b and P82a/b that point to literals? It can yield alternative treatments of time intervals.
- Should this policy be also implemented for P170i? Elias maintains that this a/b split of the property should be implemented for P170i as well.
- For the moment we have a separate module for PCs –should they be integrated in the official RDF?
- E61 Time Primitive should it be xsd:dateTime in the official RDF?
- Datatypes of Primitives that are specified as either xsd datatypes or literals. However, a decision must be reached re. E94 Space Primitive and E95 Spacetime Primitive. He needs feedback from the SIG for that.