Issue 611: Scope notes for the properties of Position Measurement
In the 54th CIDOC CRM & FRBR/LRMoo SIG meeting, the SIG resolved to start a new issue, where to discuss the properties of Sxx1 Position Measurement, a newly admitted class into CRMsci. The properties that need be properly defined are:
- Sxx1 Position Measurement. Oxx1 determined position (was determined by): E94 Space Primitive
- Sxx1 Position Measurement. Oxx2 has validity time-span (is position validity for): E52 Time-Span
- Sxx1 Position Measurement. Oxx3 measured position (was located by): S15 Observable Entity
HW: MD, GH (& TV to revise). The definitions should feed into the issue for the diagrams & text descriptions of Position Measurement.
Rome, September 2022
Post by Thanasis Velios (24 November 2022)
In issue 388 (https://cidoc-crm.org/Issue/ID-388-reference-to-the-measurements-of-posi...) we agreed the properties for position measurement. This issue 611 (https://cidoc-crm.org/Issue/ID-611-scope-notes-for-the-properties-of-pos...) is about creating their scope notes and examples. Athina, Gerald, Martin and I have drafted these as shown below. Please consider them and we can discuss at the next SIG meeting. The examples for S23 at the bottom are included to correspond with the ones for the properties.
All the best,
Link to HW here
In the 55th joint meeting of the CIDOC CRM and SO/TC46/SC4/WG9; 48th FRBR/LRMoo SIG meeting, the SIG reviewed the scope notes proposed for new properties of S23 Position Measurement (HW by TV, MD, GH) and a set of examples proposed for S23. The properties in question are:
- O30 determined position (was determined by)
- O31 has validity time-span (is time-span validity for)
- O32 measured position (was loated by).
The SIG approved of the property definitions and the examples for S23. They are to be introduced to CRMsci v2.0.
A summary of the proposal, the discussion and the decisions can be found in the attached document.
Belval, December 2022