E29 Design or Procedure in Version 6.2.2
Subclass of :
Superclass of: No superclasses found
This class comprises documented plans for the execution of actions in order to achieve a result of a specific quality, form or contents. In particular it comprises plans for deliberate human activities that may result in the modification or production of instances of E24 Physical Thing.
Instances of E29 Design or Procedure can be structured in parts and sequences or depend on others. This is modelled using P69 has association with (is associated with)..
Designs or procedures can be seen as one of the following:
1. A schema for the activities it describes
2. A schema of the products that result from their application.
3. An independent intellectual product that may have never been applied, such as Leonardo da Vinci’s famous plans for flying machines.
Because designs or procedures may never be applied or only partially executed, the CRM models a loose relationship between the plan and the respective product.
- the ISO standardisation procedure
- the musical notation for Beethoven’s “Ode to Joy”
- the architectural drawings for the Kölner Dom in Cologne, Germany
- The drawing on the folio 860 of the Codex Atlanticus from Leonardo da Vinci, 1486-1490, kept in the Biblioteca Ambrosiana in Milan
In First Order Logic:
E29(x) ⊃ E73(x)
Outgoing Direct Properties:
Incoming Direct Properties: